Happy first day of Fall, y'all!
With the arrival of Autumn, our home instantly becomes cozier. Stunning bright leaves scatter just outside our windows & we begin tucking pumpkins into every corner of our home.
We also find ourselves being more intentional about making time for family around the farmhouse table.
Today I thought I would share my favorite from-scratch Hot Apple Cider recipe to accompany you & your guests during the Autumn season!
Natalie's Favorite From-Scratch Hot Apple Cider Recipe
- Roughly 2 pounds of apples (this recipe is a wonderful way to use seconds from the farmers' market!)
- 1 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cinnamon sticks (plus more for serving)
- 1 teaspoon allspice
1. Place roughly two-pounds of apples in a large stockpot. Add enough water to cover your apples completely.
2. Stir in sugar, sliced orange, cinnamon, cinnamon sticks & allspice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 1 hour. Your house will smell amazing!
3. Strain apple cider through a fine mesh sieve & pour back into your pot.
4. Serve in my new favorite ceramic mug with whipped cream & a fresh cinnamon stick!
P.S. Our new "Home" mug launched today at the Freckled Hen Farmhouse & I love it so much! It makes such a lovely gift for friends & a wonderful treat for you! xo.